Sunday, December 15, 2013

12/13/13 My Father

12/13/13. My Father

Fighting fierce winds and rain we made our way back to Las Torres Hotel and thus completed the circuit.

I was able to get WiFi and then learned that my father had passed away 3 days earlier. Did I ever feel like I was at the end of the world. We had a short time there before we got on the 2 hour bus ride back to Puerto Natales. I had a window seat. I stared out into the rainy barren world alone with my thoughts and memories.

I am so fortunate to have had my wonderful father around for almost 61 years. I wish everyone could be so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. sorry for your loss, nancy. look for him all around you on your adventure, he is sure to turn up and tell you he is fine now. kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Nancy for sharing this with me. I appreciate Kathy's comment, too, as I think of my Dad often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. It is true. It was wonderful to see you in Redding.

      Delete