Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chiloe Island

Spent 16 hours on three buses yesterday. Bariloche to Osorno to Puerto Montt to Quellon. Almost 2 hours in border crossings... The argentinean and Chilean border stations are about 30 minutes apart. Very inefficient. Said yes I had food on the form we had to fill out. All the luggage was taken out of the bus. First on the argentinean side then again on the Chile side. Waited in line for my passport to get stamped....on both sides of the border. Dogs ran around sniffing all the luggage. Never did get asked about my food. Big waste of time. And now it's cold and rainy. Doesn't look that great for hiking here. Last night we spent in a big fancy hotel. Luke warm shower. I guess you don't get what you pay for! Probably switching plans again. Gotta stay flexible. Will bus up to the town of Castro today. Will stay at a hostel. Much more our style. Seems like we are the only foreign tourists here. Pretty cool. I'm sure this place would look different with some sun! Bus is in 2 hours. Would usually be out walking but don't want to get all wet.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh!! I'm finally catching up with you on here. I'm living vicariously through your words and photos, becoming increasingly more excited for my next adventure to start!! I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced while abroad. Have a great rest of your trip for all of us!!

    Handstand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handstand! Great to hear from you. Put this place on your list! It's amazing.

      Delete
    2. Handstand! Great to hear from you. Put this place on your list! It's amazing.

      Delete